Ear and Forehead thermometers can be used in two ways: you can use them for both ear and forehead fever measurements. Using infrared technology, they measure the energy or heat that is emitted from the eardrum or skin. At iProven, we use the latest technology to make temperature measurements quick and accurate. Our ear and forehead thermometers go through extensive clinical testing, so we know measurements are reliable and repeatable.
How to use a Forehead Thermometer
Using it as a forehead thermometer, the device measures the temperature of the temporal artery. Leave the cap on the device, press and hold the "forehead button" on your thermometer. Simply swipe from temple to temple to get a quick 1 to 3 second temperature indication. Finally you can release the button and check your measurement on the display. You can use forehead measurements for adults and kids. For babies we recommend using iProven Rectal Thermometers.
How to use an Ear Thermometer
When you take an ear measurement, your dual-mode thermometer checks the temperature emitted by the tympanic membrane or eardrum. To use it as an ear thermometer, you have to take off the cap. For adults, you have to pull the ear a little backward and upward to straighten the ear canal. For kids, pulling the outer ear straight backward will do the same. We advise taking ear measurements for babies of 6 months and older. Using it for younger babies is not advisable, as the probe might be too big to fit in your baby's ears. For babies we recommend using iProven Rectal Thermometers.
Because they've proven to be reliable, quick, and comfortable, dual-mode thermometers have gained popularity over the past decades. Nowadays, you'll even find them in hospitals or at your doctor's office.
To us, it's important our customers can use our devices the moment they arrive at their doorstep. That's why we make sure every device comes with easy instructions and a comprehensive manual, so you know how to get the best results.
*For newborns and babies, rectal fever measurements are most accurate. In case of doubt, always double-check temperatures with a rectal measurement or contact your pediatrician or doctor.
How to clean your Ear and Forehead thermometer?
We do recommend to clean the thermometer sensor with a damp cloth, moistened slightly with water. If you desire disinfecting the sensor probe you can do so by using a disinfecting wipe or cotton ball damped with a disinfectant. You could prevent the forehead thermometer sensor from getting stained by ensuring the ear canals are clean. Caution: Most ear and forehead thermometers are not waterproof! Do not immerse of expose it to water or any other liquid other than using a slightly damp cloth.
How to read results from my forehead thermometer?
Some iProvven ear and forehead thermometers come with a display which will indicate the measured Fahrenheit or Celsius. The display will indicate when a fever is detected and will change colours.
1. If your display color is Green and is between 86-95,7 °F or 30-35,4 °C this is an indication you are having Hypothermia and you should consult a doctor immediately.
2. If your display color is Green and is between 85,8-96,7 °F or 35,3-35,9 °C this is an indication of a decreased temperature. Lower temperatures in the morning are perfectly normal. If you are feeling cold you could take a hot shower.
3. If the display color on your ear and forehead thermometer is Green and is between 96,8-99,6 °F or 36,0-37,5 °C this is an indication a good and healthy temperature. Your body temperature is perfectly fine.
4. If the display color on your iProven thermometer is Red and is between 99,7-100,3 °F or 37,6-37,9 °C this is an indication an increased temperature. If you are not feeling well, get some rest.
5. If the display color on your iProven thermometer is Red and is between 100,4-101,3 °F or 38-38,5 °C this is an indication you are heaving a light fever. What should you do when having a light fever? You should check your temperature regularly and rest. Consult a doctor if you get worse or if the fever lasts for more than three days. Caution: For babies less than 6 months old, please consult a doctor immediately!
6. If your display color is Red and is between 101,4-103,9 °F or 38,6-39,9 °C you are having a fever. You should call the doctor, especially if the fever lasts for more than one day.
7. If your display color on your ear and forehead thermometer is Red and is between 104 and higher °F or 40 and higher °C you are having a high fever. You should consult a doctor immediately or go to the emergency ward!
What is the Purpose of an Ear and Forehead thermometer and how to get accurate measurements?
iProven thermometers are intended to be used to measure the body temperature of humans who are a minimum of six months old when using the ear measuring function and suitable for all ages when using the head function. It measures the body temperature based on heat radiating from the eardrum or from the forehead. The thermometer has undergone extensive clinical tests and is considered safe and highly accurate.
Carefully follow these instructions to ensure accurate temperature readings:
Ensure that the forehead thermometer lens is clean.
If the thermometer is transferred to a new locations with a different room temperature, wait at least 30 minutes before using it. This will allow the ear and forehead thermometer to adjust to the new conditions and prepare it to give the most accurate readings.
Ensure that the ears are clean. Earwax influences the accuracy of the measurement.
Utilize the forehead thermometer in a closed room where there is no strong breeze or draft.
Ear or head coverage by hair or a hat will make the ear warmer; ensure that the ear or the head has not been covered for 5 minutes prior to the measurement.
Please be aware that intense emotions and strenuous physical exertion before taking a measurement can affect the accuracy of the reading.
Avoid holding the thermometer in your hands any longer than necessary, since it is highly sensitive to heat. Holding the ear and forehead thermometer more than three minutes can result in inaccurate measurement.
The following independent reviewers and curators wrote articles about our collection. Here are the quotes and articles. We are very happy that our products are rated well. In America during COVID these articles were written and they helped thousands of American customers to choice the best thermometer to help their need to check if they were having a fever or not.